SR Technic Establishes Line Maintenance International as an Independent Business Unit and Appoints a New General Manager
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
Zurich, Switzerland, SR Technics, part of the Mubadala Aerospace MRO network, in accordance with its business strategy establishes the Line Maintenance International to become an independent business unit. While appoints Andy Best as the new general manager of Line Maintenance International. He was head of commercial of SR Technics prior to this new appointment.
Best will be reporting directly to André Wall, President, SR Technics, and he will continue to be part of SR Technics’ Leadership Team.
His previous experience covers operations and line maintenance in both MRO and airline industries. He takes over the role from Antoine Gervais, who has become head of operations development.
André Wall, President, SR Technics said: “I am very pleased that we could fill this key role with our own internal talent and I wish Andy every success in his new position”
Source: SR Technics
- Head of Commercial SR Technics
- August 2011 – Present (10 months) Zurich
- Responsible for all commercial, sales and customer related activity.
- General Manager - Commercial at Thomas Cook
- August 2009 – July 2011 (2 years) Manchester, United Kingdom
- General Manager -Line Maintenance at Thomas Cook Aircraft Engineering
- August 2007 – November 2009
- Responsibility for UK and Overseas Line Maintenance activity including @ 200 engineers both within line maintenance and Maintanance control.
- Maintenance Manager at Thomas Cook Airlines
- 2005 – 2007 (2 years)
- Responsibility for base and line maintenance.
- Loughborough University
- Two year Business Diploma aimed at Airline Management